ZONING HEARING BOARD SPECIAL MEETING
JULY 5, 2013 AT 3:00 P.M.
THE CITY OF HARRISBURG ZONING HEARING BOARD WILL HOLD A MEETING AT THE REV. DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. CITY GOVERNMENT CENTER, IN THE PUBLIC SAFETY AUDITORIUM, 10 NORTH SECOND STREET, ROOM 213, HARRISBURG, PA 17101-1681, AT 3:00 P.M., ON 7/05/2013 PURSUANT TO REQUESTS FOR VARIANCES AND/OR SPECIAL EXCEPTIONS AS FOLLOWS:
- 2219 Variance for 1401-1403 Vernon Street, zoned (R5), filed by Victor Rivas, to convert the existing vacant lots into a non-residential, accessory off-street parking lot. Per section 7-319.3(a) of the Planning and Zoning Code, accessory off-street parking is required for the commercial use. The proposed parking is not adjacent to the use; per Section 7-309.5(a) of the Planning and Zoning Code, parking lots are not permitted uses in the R5 zone.
- 2220 Variance/Special Exception for 1308 Green Street, zoned (RLB), filed by Gary Wilson, to construct two (2) two-family detached dwelling units. Per Section 7-309.16(a) of the Planning and Zoning Code, multi-family units are not permitted in the RLB zone. The Applicant is also requesting a Special Exception for relief of the side yard and rear yard setbacks. Per section 309.16(c)(2) of the Planning and Zoning Code, the side yard must have a width not less than 10% of the lot width and the rear yard must have a depth not less than ten (10) feet. The Applicant is also requesting a Variance for relief of parking requirements. Per Section 7-319.2(a) of the Planning and Zoning Code, residential accessory off-street parking must be located on the same lot or, by Special Exception, an adjacent lot as the principal use. The Applicant is proposing to lease four (4) spots at a nearby, existing parking lot.
- 2221 Variance for 2217 Derry Street, zoned (BG), filed by Harrisburg Bretheren in Christ Church to install a free standing, internally illuminated sign. The proposed signage exceeds the six (6) square foot limit set forth in section 7-311.8(d)(5) and does not conform to the illumination permitted in section 7-311.8(d)(11) of the Planning and Zoning Code.
- 2224 Variance/Special Exception for 1012 North 6th Street; 429, 439, and 441 Herr Street, zoned (CCL) and (RLB), filed by Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church to extend the temporary special exception for the use of the property as a commercial surface parking lot.
- 2225 Variance/Special Exception for 1000 Paxton Street, zoned (ML), filed by Damitha Karunaratne to install one (1) free-standing sign and three (3) wall signs. Per section 7-325.2 of the Planning and Zoning Code, only one (1) free-standing sign or wall sign may be erected on any lot or building width being one hundred (100) feet or less. Free-standing signs shall also have an open space along an entire bottom three (3) feet or wider and shall not exceed 150 square feet.
INTERESTED PERSONS ARE INVITED TO ATTEND AND EXPRESS THEIR VIEWS. RELATED INFORMATION CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF BUILDING & HOUSING DEVELOPMENT, THE REV. DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. CITY GOVERNMENT CENTER, ROOM 206, HARRISBURG, PA 17101-1681, (717) 255-6637, BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8:30 A.M. AND 5:00 P. M.
LINDA D. THOMPSON, MAYOR HARRISBURG CITY COUNCIL
Appeared in: Patriot-News on 06/20/2013 and 06/27/2013