- 15 criminal mischief/vandalism
- 32 thefts
- 6 robberies
- 200 Cranberry St, 10:00 PM
- 2400 N 5th St, 12:07 AM
- 2100 N 7th St, 4:13 AM
- 1900 Derry St, 8:32 PM
- 1600 Randolph St, 12:30 AM
- 19th and Lenox St, 9:40 AM
- 7 burglaries
- 24 assaults (one of the assaults was the attack in Reservoir Park. One was a propulsions of missiles into a vehicle(16th & Market Sts), and two were at John Harris)
- 3 shootings (one was reported on the forum as shots fired at the St. Moritz (address matches), one was a discharge into an occupied structure, and one was reckless endangerment)
- 2 prostitution
- other: 1 possession of a weapon on school property 1800 Derry St.
Notes- Reports of shots fired. Someone reported a bullet hole in their vehicle. Reports of pit bulls running loose. Report of an abandoned dog. Report of a rock thrown through the window of a vehicle on State St. I did ask the police about the incident in Reservoir because many people walk their dogs or jog there. I was told the descriptions of the vehicle and suspect are generic and the incident is still being investigated. It was suggested that you take your usual precautions regarding your safety.
This week there was another report of an assault in the 1800 block of Chestnut St. It was reported that the 15 year old victim was pushed into a car and sexually assaulted. This is in the same general neighborhood as the Reservoir Park assault. Many students walk home from John Harris in this area. Be aware of your surroundings and pay attention when you are out and about in the city. It is easy to be distracted. Stay safe everyone.
compiled by Jan Konkle