Harrisburg City Council Meetings for Last Week of October
UPDATE: See City Council Press Statement below in red.
Monday, October 28th 5:30pm–Harrisburg City Council Administration Committee Meeting. Focus on Water & Sewer Transfer from City to The Harrisburg Authority.
- Resolution 41-2013 – A Resolution approving the negotiated terms regarding the transfer of the sewer collection system, together with its associated assets and liabilities, and the transition of the water system and sewer system operations to the Harrisburg Authority.
- Resolution 43-2013 – A Resolution approving the Addendum to Assignment, Amendment and Restatement of Municipal Waste Disposal Agreement.
POSTPONED. Tuesday, October 29th 5:30pm–Harrisburg City Council Administration Committee Meeting. Focus on Parking System Lease
- Bill 30-2013 – An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Harrisburg authorizing the City to enter into an Intergovernmental Cooperation Agreement delegating to the Pennsylvania Economic Development Financing Authority (“PEDFA”) the City’s rights and powers with respect to its on-street parking system, consisting of collection of meter revenues, rate-setting, and other non-enforcement matters, and approving PEDFA entering into a contract with the initial manager of the parking system to provide certain functions if approved by the board of PEDFA, and related matters.
- Bill 31-2013 – An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Harrisburg authorizing the City to enter into an Intergovernmental Cooperation Agreement delegating to the Pennsylvania Department of General Services (“DGS”) the City’s enforcement power with respect to on-street parking and approving DGS entering into a contract with the initial manager of the parking system to provide certain enforcement functions, and related matters.
- Bill 32-2013 – An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Harrisburg authorizing the transfer of City-owned off-street parking assets and other rights to the Harrisburg Parking Authority, and related matters.
- Bill 17-2013 - An ordinance amending the City of Harrisburg’s Official Traffic Control Map under Chapter 3-109 of the Codified Ordinances by restricting parking to 60 minutes on Reily Street between North 6th and North 5th Streets, and on North 6th Street between Boyd and Reily Streets.
CITY COUNCIL PRESS RELEASE October 29, 3012:
Tonight’s public meeting of the Administration Committee of the Harrisburg City Council to review legislation related to implementation of aspects of the Harrisburg Strong Plan on the transfer and lease of the parking system is POSTPONED.
Council anticipates the public meeting to be rescheduled shortly, and reset for the week of November 4, 2013. Additional details on the new date and time will follow.
PLEASE NOTE: Council’s rescheduling of this public review of the details of the transfer of the parking system is not intended and should not be interpreted as a negative reflection on the Harrisburg Strong Plan.
The Members of Council remain committed to the prompt and efficient implementation of the various components of the consensual resolution at hand and the fiscal recovery of the City.
The cancellation will provide Council members and the public the additional time needed to review the related materials. This will permit the members to conduct a more efficient and informative hearing on the matter.
Wednesday, October 30th 5:30pm–Special Legislative Session.