Meeting of Wednesday, May 16th. 8:30am, City Council Chambers, Harrisburg City Hall.
- Fred Reddig, Administrator of the Office of the Receiver (Dept of Community & Economic Development employee designated to oversee the Office of the Receiver of the City of Harrisburg until a Receiver is appointed to replace David Unkovic who resigned March 30th).
- Governor’s Office representative: David Black, President of the Harrisburg Chamber of Commerce & CREDC
- Dauphin County representative (in place of primary appointee Commissioner Jeff Haste): Fred Lighty, Assistant Solicitor
- Harrisburg Mayor Linda Thompson
- Harrisburg City Council President Wanda Williams
See Roxbury News written summaries & videos:
- Municipal Financial Recovery Advisory Committee____Fred Reddig: “The cash flow of the City is stable.”
- Municipal Financial Recovery Advisory Committee______David Black: “The failure for implementation through normal processes.”
- Municipal Financial Recovery Advisory Committee______Wanda Williams: “At this point, we are not comfortable what the Commonwealth has requested that we do.”
- Municipal Financial Recovery Advisory Committee______City Council President Wanda Williams and Mayor Linda Thompson
- Municipal Financial Recovery Advisory Committee_____Harrisburg Mayor Thompson: “We are bending over backwards to communicate with Council.”
- Municipal Financial Recovery Advisory Committee______Neil Grover: “Otherwise, you’re not going to get buy in from the citizens of the City if they feel that this was done in the dark.”
- Municipal Financial Recovery Advisory Committee______William Cluck: Would Dauphin County commit that they will not lobby against Chapter 9?
Read the Status Report filed with the Commonwealth Court on Friday, May 11th. Fred Reddig refers to the report multiple times during the meeting: Status Report 05-11-12
On Thursday, May 24th at 10:30am, the Commonwealth Court has scheduled the hearing on William Lynch’s nomination as the next Receiver of the City of Harrisburg: The PA Governor Nominates a New Receiver for the City of Harrisburg. For a variety of news headlines on Lynch’s nomination, see also: May 6th through May 12th
For more information on David Unkovic’s March 30th resignation, read: David Unkovic Makes a Move