A review of the news of last week….catch up at a glance.
Resolving the City of Harrisburg’s Debt. Working together to help resolve Harrisburg’s debt, without declaring bankruptcy.
- New York Times–Harrisburg Sees Path to Restructuring Debts Without Bankruptcy Filing
- Reuters–Harrisburg, PA, close to deal on debt-laden incinerator …
- PennLive–The moving parts: a short overview of the Harrisburg debt plan
- PennLive–A silver lining for Harrisburg? Removal of uncertainty over city workers’ futures
- PennLive–Harrisburg union agrees to change contract, help resolve city debt
- PennLive–Harrisburg’s worst financial woes may soon be over as $600M debt deal heads to court
- WITF–Harrisburg leaders tout debt deal; give few details
- PennLive–Harrisburg is no Detroit; Q&A with tla
- today’s the day Harrisburg–Harrisburg Receiver Announces Consensus on Incinerator Sale
- WHTM 27–Deal struck to sell Harrisburg incinerator
- Central Penn Business Journal–Harrisburg receiver offers details on ‘imminent’ incinerator deal
City of Harrisburg Trash.
- today’s the day Harrisburg–City of Harrisburg’s Trash & Recycling Ordinance Amended
- WHTM 27–Harrisburg takes steps to combat trash issue
- Fox 43–Harrisburg’s trash may become a treasure for the city’s debt problem
Wild West Artifacts.
- WHTM 27–Harrisburg rediscovers lost artifact, Reed speaks on auction
- WHTM 27–Questions surround Harrisburg sculpture
- WITF–Harrisburg artifact sale likely to rake in more cash
- WHTM 27–Harrisburg profits $2.7 million after artifact auction
- WHTM 27–Old West artifacts recoup $2.7M for Harrisburg
- WITF–Harrisburg nets $2.7M on Wild West auction
City of Harrisburg Sinkholes.
- WHTM 27–3 sinkholes spotted after Monday’s rain
- The Sentinel–Another sinkhole on North Fourth Street in Harrisburg
Public Safety and Crime.
- WHTM 27–Man shot during Harrisburg home invasion
- WHTM 27–Harrisburg teen held for court in cousin’s stabbing death
- PennLive–Harrisburg judge, relatives of homicide victims march on Allison Hill
- WHTM 27–Blood drive to support injured Harrisburg officer set for Tuesday
- Fox 43–Harrisburg police investigate multiple weekend robberies
The Good Stuff.
- WHTM 27–Harrisburg by Segway
Points for the City of Harrisburg to Ponder.
- The Atlantic Cities–You’re More Likely to Die a Violent Death in Rural America Than in a City
- WITF–Study: 19 states can intervene in cities’ financial crises
- The Utah Daily Journal–Why Michigan is overseeing the Detroit bankruptcy
- Star Tribune–Business Forum: Could a Detroit-style fall happen here?
- The Atlantic Cities–How to Photograph a Bankrupt City
- The Atlantic Cities–Making ‘Complete Streets’ More Complete
- The Atlantic Cities–Hysteria and Racist Screeds Over HUD Plans to Map Neighborhood Diversity
- The Atlantic Cities–Poverty Hurts Kids More Than Being Born to Moms on Cocaine
- The Atlantic Cities–The Small, Often Imperceptible Reasons Some Neighborhoods Feel Safer Than Others
- WITF–RST: Revitalizing Our Cities
- The Atlantic Cities–Public Space Improvement of the Day: Free WiFi for San Francisco’s Parks