A review of the news of last week….catch up at a glance.
Harrisburg’s recovery process. Since the Receiver’s announcement, there’s been much pondering, talk, and concern about the city’s next fiscal recovery steps.
- today’s the day Harrisburg–Driving the Formula: An Update on the City of Harrisburg’s Recovery Process
- PennLive–Harrisburg parking deal would preserve local control through CREDC and increase city revenue, sources say
- Central Penn Business Journal–Beyond the debt deal
- PennLive–Bill seeks to guarantee $5M for Harrisburg to keep city budget balanced
- PennLive–Keep your eyes open in Harrisburg debt deal: As I See It
The City of Harrisburg steps into modern times. Now residents can pay their bills remotely.
Public Safety and Crime.
- WHTM 27–Robberies underreported in Harrisburg?
- Carlisle Sentinel–Harrisburg plans to hire 19 police officers
- WHTM 27–EMS crew stopped stabbing in Harrisburg
- PennLive–AK-47, handgun, 1,300 bags of heroin found in Harrisburg prompt search
- WHTM 27–Harrisburg police make heroin bust, ‘major supplier’ sought
- WHTM 27–Harrisburg man shot during run from robbers
The Good Stuff.
- today’s the day Harrisburg–National Night Out 2013: Easy As Turning On a Porch Light
- Harrisburg Magazine–Five Questions for Liz Laribee
- PennLive–Gay Harrisburg City Council candidate rises above doubts, fears, barriers: Costs of coming out
- CBS 21–Harrisburg RBI softball team looks ahead to regionals
Points for the City of Harrisburg to Ponder.
- The Pew Charitable Trusts–Understanding the Great Recession’s Impact on City Bond Issuances
- National Geographic–Urban Ski Slope to Raise Profile of Europe’s Waste-to-Energy Drive
- The Atlantic Cities–Could a Private University Have Made a Difference in Detroit?
- The Wall Street Journal–Kevyn Orr: How Detroit Can Rise Again
- All Things Considered–Missed Summer Learning Spells Out Long-Term Struggles
- New Hampshire Public Radio–Urban Farming: A Bright Spot In The Collapse Of A Once Great City
- 90.5 WESA–Urban Farming In Pittsburgh: Better Food From Your Backyard
- Global Site Plans–Chicago’s Crosswalks: Planning for Pedestrians in the Windy City
- The Atlantic Cities–If You Build It, They Will Come: How Cleveland Lured Young Professionals Downtown
- The Atlantic Cities–How LEDs Have Transformed the City Skyline