A review of the news of last week…catch up at a glance.
Election 2013. Less than a month to go until the residents of the City of Harrisburg decide their next mayor.
- Harrisburg Magazine–Miller vs. Papenfuse
- PennLive–The Campaign Bubble: one month to go until the Harrisburg mayoral election
- WHTM 27–Mindlin endorses Miller for Harrisburg mayor
- PennLive–With a month to go, some key facts about Harrisburg’s mayoral race: Q&A with tla
Thompson’s last State of the City address. And the question is what did she say?
- PennLive–Harrisburg State of the City: Five takeaways
- WGAL 8–Mayor Thompson delivers final “State of the City” address
- WHTM 27–Thompson gives tearful State of the City address
- Fox 43–Harrisburg mayor gives last State of the City Address
Harrisburg’s Second Street. Restaurant Row has changed with city police officers patrol and cameras added every half block.
- PennLive–Closing time on Harrisburg’s Second Street: A combustible mix of crowds, chaos and alcohol, mostly well-controlled
- PennLive–Federal Taphouse co-owner gives his take on a maturing Restaurant Row in Harrisburg that still hasn’t quite grown up
- PennLive–A year after a shift on Second Street, Harrisburg’s Restaurant Row is ‘kinder, gentler’ — and a bit more mature, businesses say
The Wild West Auction. It’s estimated that $8.3 million was initially spent on the Wild West Artifacts and Harrisburg could earn $200,000 from the sale of them.
Public Safety and Crime.
The Good Stuff.
- today’s the day Harrisburg–Green Urban Initiative Community Garden Rebuild & More About City Gardens
- today’s the day Harrisburg–Harrisburg and Its Potential For Smart Growth
- WHTM 27–Downtown Daily Bread celebrates 30 years of service
Points for the City of Harrisburg to Ponder.
- The New York Times–Billions in Debt, Detroit Faces Millions in Bills for Bankruptcy
- U-T San Diego–Fixing California: Troubled cities must reckon with Stockton’s deal
- News-Daily.com–Three Clayton cities announce join development effort
- The Atlantic Cities–The City Where Bicycles Rule the Road
- McClatchyDC–As cities improve rapid transit, buses get a new look
- The Atlantic Cities–Where Even the Middle Class Can’t Afford to Live Any More
- The Atlantic Cities–Are Smartphones the Solution to Urban Loneliness?
- The Rapidian–Why parks matter: How our parks affect city life
- The Atlantic Cities–The Problem With Defining ‘Downtown’