The Chief Recovery Officer of the Harrisburg School District has some words for the Superintendent and Board of Directors. Roxbury News–Harrisburg School District: The First Meeting of the Chief Recovery Officer’s Advisory Committee
A good City of Harrisburg thing. A relatively new venture gets a well-deserved highlight. Harrisburg Magazine–At the MakeSpace
The Thompson Administration admits it didn’t have a plan. Despite State regulation saying the City of Harrisburg has to be prepared in case of water and sewage service failure, it wasn’t. Because the emergency response plan that should be there wasn’t.
And it’s official–there are now two Democratic candidates in the race to be Mayor. Linda Thompson kicked off her campaign for a second term for Mayor of Harrisburg with some loaded messages about why she should be given more time by “the community.” She joins City Controller Dan Miller in the race.
The first official candidate for Harrisburg City Council. With four seats open, it’s only a matter of time until the hats are thrown in the ring, but here’s the first. today’s the day Harrisburg–The First Official Harrisburg City Council Candidate
Word on the construction of a new Federal Courthouse in the City of Harrisburg. Central Penn Business Journal–Federal government soliciting bids for courthouse site work in Harrisburg
No buyer for the rotting half-constructed building on the corner of Cameron and Herr Streets. The workers walked off the construction site of the David Dodd Capitol View Commerce Center in 2008, and since then there’s been an investigation, charges, a guilty plea, bankruptcy, and a puzzling tale of the way business was done in the City of Harrisburg. For more on the saga, see this November 2012 Roxbury News story: The Story of David Dodd and the Capitol View Commerce Center.
- Central Penn Business Journal–No buyer for Capitol View Commerce Center
- Patriot News–No bids at auction for failed Capitol View Commerce Center
City of Harrisburg odds ‘n ends.
- Central Penn Business Journal–CORE COMMITMENT: Growing Harrisburg’s tax base
- Patriot News–Judge OKs $13.7M mortgage foreclosure against Harrisburg’s Crowne Plaza hotel
Public Safety and Crime.
As inspired by Pennsylvania’s capital, the City of Harrisburg.
- Reuters Muniland–The end of muniland interest-rate swaps for Pennsylvania?
- Roxbury News–PA Senator John Wozniak Calls for a 3rd Class City Caucus
Points for the City of Harrisburg to ponder.
- The Morning Call–Small-city mayors give Corbett mixed grades
- Reuters–Why public debt is not like credit card debt
- This City Life–How to Connect With People In Your City
- reCities–The new normal not so normal
- NewsOK–Oklahoma City joins campaign to get homeless people off streets, into housing
- The Post & Courier–Review: Walkability essential to smart urban environments, quality of life, author says
- The Baltimore Sun–Baltimore colleges push to improve neighborhoods: Schools now seen as ‘anchor institutions’ for cities