Headlines About & Related to the City of Harrisburg May 27th Through June 2nd
A review of the news of last week….catch up at a glance.
It’s budget time at the Capitol. The PA House proposes a state budget that gives a big hit to the City of Harrisburg.
- today’s the day Harrisburg–Senator Rob Teplitz’s Statement on Proposed Cut to Harrisburg’s Capitol Fire Protection Service
- PennLive–Harrisburg fire funding cut 80 percent in state budget proposal
- PennLive–Harrisburg leaders fighting for $2M in threatened Capitol fire funding – and then some
- WHTM 27–Pa. budget proposal has Harrisburg fired up
- Fox 43–Harrisburg among PA cities receiving preservation grants
- The Sentinel–Pa. House budget proposal has Harrisburg fired up
At the Harrisburg School District. The state give its nod to the Recovery Plan designed to save the district, financially and academically.
- today’s the day Harrisburg–PA Department of Education Approves Harrisburg School District Recovery Plan
- WHTM 27–Harrisburg school recovery plan receives final approval
Any day now? Lancaster Online–County waste authority might soon close deal to buy Harrisburg incinerator
Public Safety and Crime.
- Fox 43–A national tour to end violence amidst Harrisburg’s 9th homicide of the year
- PennLive–Obama gun control message comes to Harrisburg one day after city sees ninth homicide victim
- WHTM 27–Suspicious man reported near Harrisburg area school
- Fox 43–Harrisburg Mayor says safe zones reducing crime
The Good Stuff.
- PennLive–Little Amps Coffee Roasters percolates second shop in Harrisburg
- PennLive–Harrisburg getting $15K from Pennsylvania Historic and Museum Commission
Points for the City of Harrisburg to ponder.
- The Police Chief–Counter Criminal Continuum (C3) Policing in Springfield, Massachusetts:A Collaborative Effort between City and State Police to Reduce Gang Violence
- National League of Cities–Small Cities Find Innovative Ways to Support Education
- The Atlantic Cities–A Second Life for Some of Baltimore’s Vacant Properties
- Global Site Plans–Green Cities are Successful Cities: From Piazzas to Pocket Parks
- Metropolitan Planning Council–Chicago Opens Up for Diagonal Pedestrian Crossings