On Wednesday, January 8th, Mayor Eric Papenfuse announced the following appointments:
- Neil Grover, Solicitor
- Joyce Davis, Director of Communications
- Catherine Stetler, Scheduler
- Karl Singleton, Senior Advisor on Education and Youth
- Bruce Weber, Director Budget & Finance
- Aaron Johnson, Director of Public Works
On Thursday, January 9th, the following appointments were announced:
- Jackie Z. Parker, Director of Community and Economic Development
- Roy Christ as Director of Building and Housing
- Lenwood Sloan as Director of Arts, Culture and Tourism. (Sloan’s department will assume duties of the former Department of Parks and Recreation)
Parker’s appointment is made possible by a special collaboration with the Harrisburg Regional Chamber and Capital Region Economic Development Corporation (CREDC), which will fully underwrite the position for the first year. CREDC also has pledged to continue subsidizing the position at 50 percent in the second and third years, Papenfuse said, and the city will take over full funding of the position in year four.
On Friday, January 10th, the following appointments were announced:
- Carlesha Halkias as new Director of Human Resources
It is expected Harrisburg City Council will publicly vet the management and director appointments. Also, these positions will be reviewed in the reopened 2014 Budget process.