Click on the blue headings to access documents.
Act 47 Statute
- DCED Act 47 Statute–Municipalities Financial Recovery Act 47 Statute
Act 47 Phase 1: The Request & Hearing
- Harrisburg City Council list of Proposals for Counsel for Act 47 & Ch. 9 Municipal Bankruptcy. Final RFP Response List
- 10/01/10: Harrisburg Application for Act 47 filed by Mayor Linda Thompson. Harrisburg Act 47 Request
- To access correspondence & motions filed by DEBT WATCH HARRISBURG along with responses and orders issued by DCED, click here.
Act 47 Phase 2: Developing the Plan
- 1/12/11: Public Announcement from DCED. Appointment of Act 47 Team. PA DCED Secretary Appoints Recovery Plan Coordinator for Harrisburg
- 2/14/11: Letter from Act 47 Team to Harrisburg Mayor & City Council. Spending Directives. Act 47 Pre-plan Recommendations
- 2/17/11: Public Announcement from DCED. Public Input Sessions. Act 47 Announcement of Public Meetings
- 3/9/11: Letter from Act 47 Team to Dauphin County Commissioners. Act 47 Pre-Plan Update
- 3/15/11: Public Input Ideas. The Novak Group compiled public input suggestions from the 3/7/11 meeting. Public Input Ideas from March 7th Meeting
Act 47 Phase 3: Presentation of the Plan
- 6/28/11: See a collection of Act 47 Plan Public Input submitted to the Act 47 Coordinator. Act 47 Plan Public Input
- 7/19/11: City Council voted to NOT ADOPT the Act 47 Plan. Bill 8-2011: Adoption of Harrisburg Act 47 Plan voted down 4-3.
- The Mayor has 14 days to come up with an alternative plan. Her plan is due to be filed by August 2nd.
- 7/22/11: Letter from PA DCED Secretary Alan Walker to Mayor Linda Thompson. Proposing a Timeline for the Harrisburg Act 47 Process
- 7/22/11: Harrisburg City Council President calls for a reconsideration of the Revised Act 47 Plan. A Special Legislative Session has been scheduled for Monday, August 1st @ 6pm to reconsider Bill 8-2011. CANCELLED 7/27/11.
- 8/2/11: The Mayor’s Act 47 Plan. Mayors Proposed Act 47 Recovery Plan
- 8/22/11: The Mayor’s FINAL Act 47 Plan
- 8/23/11: Letter from PA Governor Corbett to Mayor Linda Thompson. Governor Corbett’s Response to City’s Recovery Plan
- 8/27/11: Letter from Harrisburg City Treasurer to City Council members. City Treasurer Letter to City Council Members
- 8/31/11: City Council voted to NOT ADOPT the Mayor’s Act 47 Plan. Vote 4-3.
- 9/12/11: Letter from the Act 47 Team to Mayor Linda Thompson on Harrisburg’s “stranded debt,” per the Act 47 Plans. Letter from the Act 47 Team on Stranded Debt
- 9/13/11: In a Motion to Reconsider a vote on the Mayor’s Act 47 Plan, City Council voted NOT To RECONSIDER. Vote 4-3.
Act 47 Phase 3: Bankruptcy Petition
Click here to access the page on Harrisburg’s Bankruptcy Process.
Act 47 Phase 4: Receivership
Click here to access the page on Harrisburg’s Receivership Process.